Proper preparation is always the best source of loss prevention in any storm. Hopefully you have taken the necessary precautions to protect your home and belongings, but even so often times damage is inevitable. The American Red Cross identifies many points to consider following in the aftermath of a storm.
With regard to your property and any damage that may have occurred, it is important that follow these steps:
- Mitigate any further damage (example -- tarp a leaking roof).
- Immediately contact your insurance carrier and report the loss
- Consider using the vendors recommended by your insurance company
- Be careful and know what you are signing if asked to do so by a vendor
- Take inventory of the losses and maintain a record of expenses
The agents at Galt Insurance Group believe that proper education at the inception of your policy is the best time to avoid any unforeseen gaps in coverage. We also advise annual policy reviews to be sure that your insurance policy is staying up to date with the changes in your household. Call Galt Insurance Group today for your personalized quote.